Exploring Goa # A warm visit to an old temple # An old styled house # A generous heart # offered a welcome drink (Kashay) # A drink made with household herbs # To Good Health!
Health Benefits of Kashay
In Ayurveda ‘Kashay’ is decoction various herbs. This drink is regional and this particular recipe comes from Goa, where many consume it as a substitute for tea or coffee.
This drink is overall beneficial for reducing stress, general detox, and relaxation. And it is very tasty!
Ingredients, and their Ayurvedic Benefits
- Milk: Balances Vata and Pitta
- Sugar: Balances Vata and Pitta
- Cumin Seeds: Balances Vata and Kapha
- Fennel Seeds: Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Coriander Seeds: Balances Pitta and Kapha
- Ginger: Balances Vata and Kapha
- Pepper: Balances Vata and Kapha
- Clove: Balances Vata and Kapha
- Lemon Grass: Balances Kapha
Method (For a single cup)
Take one cup of water, add above mentioned herbs according to requirement or availability. Boil for 5–10 min. When water is reduced to half cup, add 1 spoon of sugar and 1 cup of hot milk. Let it simmer for 2 min. Hot Kashay is ready to drink. Enjoy!